At just 20-years young, Vitalik Buterin is one of the most brilliant minds in the cryptocurrency space. Previously, a co-founder of Bitcoin Magazine, he has conceptualized Ethereum, the most radical and ambitious cryptocurrency project since Bitcoin. After raising $18m in a crowdsale, a team of over 30 are working on launching the project by March 2015. In his work on designing a system for the future, he has been grappling with many of the hardest problems in the cryptocurrency space over the past year.
Topics we discussed in this episode
- How Ethereum has evolved since the white paper
- The problems of Proof-of-Work
- Why Proof-of-Stake is the future of consensus protocols
- Why his main focus has been on consensus issues and scalability
- Why Bitcoin will never be stable enough to price things in
- The flawed ideology of ‘Bitcoin maximalism’ that prevents people from considering Proof-of-Work alternatives