Permissionable blockchains have gained much attention from enterprise this past year, and specifically, the traditional fiance and FinTech sectors. As new protocols emerge and the technology is matures, it is becoming apparent they are simply a new class of database, one which integrates business logic (smart contracts) and a consensus layer (PoS, PoW, etc).
is the CEO of Eris Industries, a company which specializes in building permissioned blockchain systems for enterprise. Their aim is to deliver the technologies which enable companies to easily build and deploy applications which make use of blockchain and smart contract technologies.
Topics we discussed in this episode
- Casey’s impressive background as an engineer, Marine soldier, lawyer and startup founder
- Eris Industries and what the company is trying to achieve
- Permissionable blockchains and their usefulness in industrial applications
- Smart contracts, how to explain them and legal status
- How blockchains can be used to revolutionize the way organizations construct business processes
- The idea of Blockchains-as-a-Service
- The various use cases for blockchain technologies