The idea that in the future tokens will play a crucial role in networks and organizations to incentivize decentralized collaboration and reward contribution is not new. It’s the original decentralized autonomous organization idea that has informed many projects that have been on the podcast (Swarm, Ethereum, Factom, Storj, etc). For Matan, the vision originally led to found decentralized ride-sharing application LaZooz. One year ago, he left LaZooz to found Backfeed, which is building the tools that so far have been missing to make mass collaboration without a central party possible.
Topics we discussed in this episode
- How he became interested in blockchains and started the ridesharing application LaZooz
- Backfeed’s vision for a social operating system for decentralized organizations
- The role of reputation, proof-of-value and tokens in Backfeed
- The applications Backfeed is currently building
- The business of model of Backfeed