With recent news surrounding The DOA and the Brexit vote causing a stir in the blockchain world and beyond, it seems like a regulatory update is due. So we called up our favorite regulatory affairs specialist Siân Jones to enlighten us on some of the recent developments in Bitcoin and blockchain regulation.
Topics we discussed in this episode
- The Brexit and it’s potential impacts on the Blockchain and Fintech space in the UK
- The Bank of England opening its doors to more than a thousand financial institution and payment service providers
- Some of the initiatives by the UK government to potentially adopt blockchain technologies
- The recent European Parliament plenary sitting on virtual currencies and the Distributed Ledger Technology Task Force
- An update on BitLicense and its impacts a year and a half after being adopted in New York
- The potential regulatory implications of DAOs