Security researcher and RSK co-founder Sergio Lerner joined us to discuss RSK (also Rootstock), the project to launch a turing-complete smart contract sidechain to Bitcoin. We talked about how he got into the industry, spending countless days analyzing Bitcoin for vulnerabilities and finding a few along the way. And, of course, RSK, the ambitious project to strenghten the Bitcoin ecosystem through adding smart contract capabilities.
Topics we discussed in this episode
- How Sergio initially got involved in the Bitcoin space
- His early work on turing-complete cryptocurrencies going back to 2012
- Why financial inclusion is the most important problem to solve
- Merged mining and RSK’s security model
- How RSK compares to Ethereum
- RSK’s business model