With academic research on Bitcoin and cryptocurrencies still in its infancy, Sarah Meiklejohn’s track record of publications in the area stands out. The UCL computer science professor has explored topics ranging from anonymity in Bitcoin to how a central bank could go about issuing a cryptocurrency.
Topics we discussed in this episode
- What techniques can be used to deanonymize Bitcoin users
- How Bitcoin’s usage evolved over time
- Whether privacy-enhancing overlays in Bitcoin currently work
- What a cryptocurrency issued by a central bank could look like
- The architecture of RSCoin