In 2012, a year after discovering Bitcoin in Argentina, Dutch economist Tuur Demeester became one of the first people to advocate investing in Bitcoin to a mainstream audience. Tuur joined us to discuss his thesis for investing in Bitcoin and how it has evolved over time. We also talked about the road ahead and how other cryptocurrencies and Ethereum compare as investment opportunities.
Topics we discussed in this episode
- How Tuur discovered Bitcoin in Argentina in 2011
- The case for investing in Bitcoin
- The current state of Bitcoin and metrics he looks at
- Projections for the Bitcoin price
- How Bitcoin compares to gold
- The current state of the financial markets