Writing his college thesis on Bitcoin in 2012 and becoming Coinbase’s first employee in 2013, Olaf Carlson-Wee has been at the forefront of cryptocurrency for many years. Recently, he left Coinbase to start Polychain Capital, a hedge fund focused solely on investing in cryptocurrencies and protocol tokens. Olaf joined us to discuss his journey in the industry and the investment thesis behing Polychain.
Topics we discussed in this episode
- How Olaf Carlson-Wee became Coinbase’s first employee
- The investment thesis behind Polychain Capital
- Why protocol tokens represent a huge investment opportunity
- The current state of tokensales
- Why the blockchain crowdfunding campaigns will start resembling VC deal structure
- His view on the state of the Bitcoin network and community