Nasdaq is one of the largest and most well known financial institutions in the World. As the second-largest stock market by market capitalization, Nasdaq is also one of the leading software companies in capital markets, providing its Nasdaq Financial Framework to exchanges all around the globe.
Fredrik Voss, VP of Blockchain Innovation at Nasdaq, joins us to discuss how Nasdaq is leveraging blockchain technologies to propel itself into the future. Having invested in Chain and Stratumn, Nasdaq is taking a very hands-on approach, building products which it integrates into the various software solutions they sell.
Topics we discussed in this episode
- A high-level overview of Nasdaq as a stock exchange and software company
- Nasdaq’s thesis regarding blockchain technologies
- The potential challenges ahead
- What blockchain technologies bring to regulators regarding oversight and auditing
- Nasdaq’s Venture Program and its investment thesis
- Why Nasdaq chose to invest in Chain and Stratumn
- Types of applications built in partnership with Chain and Stratumn
- Fredrick’s views on Initial Coin Offerings (ICOs)