Over the past year, cryptoassets have exploded in popularity. From a mere $18bn at the start of 2017, the aggregate market cap of all cryptoassets recently reached $820bn as interest in Bitcoin and its cousins went mainstream. Jack Tatar and Chris Burniske joined us to discuss their new book ‘Cryptoassets: The Innovative Investor’s Guide to Bitcoin and Beyond’. It is one of the first systematic views on cryptoassets from a mainstream investor’s perspective.
Topics we discussed in this episode
- How Jack and Chris originally became interested in Bitcoin and cryptoassets
- Why the term cryptoassets is a good umbrella term for the different kinds of tokens
- The different categories of cryptoassets: Cryptocurrencies, cryptocommodities and cryptotokens
- How cryptoassets fit into an overall investment portfolio
- How to value cryptoassets
- Whether we are in a cryptoasset bubble and expectations for the future