Ethereum Foundation researcher Karl Floersch joined us to discuss the main projects to upgrade Ethereum: Casper, Sharding and Plasma. Karl has been playing a key role in creating a new and simpler specification for Ethereum sidechains called Plasma Cash. We discussed the evolution of the Plasma project and what Ethereum’s evolution in the coming years could look like.
Topics we discussed in this episode
- How Karl originally became involved in Ethereum
- The role of Casper, Sharding and Plasma in the Ethereum roadmap
- The problems with the original Plasma concept
- How Plasma Cash provides a simple scalability solution
- The challenge of data availability
- Use cases and timeline for Plasma