We are joined by Humayun Sheikh and Toby Simpson, founders of the Fetch.ai project. Humayun Sheikh is well known as the first investor in DeepMind, one of the leading AI companies in the world. This ambitious project seeks to create a self-learning blockchain network that fosters economic activity/combinations between off-chain AI agents. The fetch blockchain network will allow an AI agent, such as a delivery robot, to autonomously discover economic partners that would find its services and data valuable. Towards this goal, Fetch.ai claims to have found solutions to designing a useful proof of work system and building a scalable block chain.
Topics we discussed in this episode
- Humayun and Toby’s background at Deep Mind
- Toby’s background in the videogames industry building virtual worlds
- The vision behind the Fetch.ai project
- On solutions to useful PoW, salability and the complexity of the project
- Timelines and what to expect from Fetch