While many cryptocurrency holders have thought about how to secure their assets, how to pass on cryptoassets in case of one’s death is rarely on people’s mind. Lawyer Pamela Morgan has been helping people and organizations build solutions to safely store their cryptoassets and has recently turned her attention to inheritance planning. Though we have often explored the legal issues surrounding blockchains and cryptocurrencies on Epicenter, never have we discussed the topic of inheritance.
We discussed her new book “Cryptoasset Inheritance Planning” and how people can design a simple plan to give heirs a high chance of recovering assets in less than an hour.
Topics we discussed in this episode
- How an impassioned talk on Bitcoin by Andreas Antonopoulos started her crypto journey
- Common misconceptions lawyers have about crypto
- Her work through Empowered Law on educating lawyers
- Third Key Solutions and building non-custodial key management solutions
- The most frequent mistakes people make when it comes to protecting cryptoassets
- How to do inheritance planning for cryptoassets
- Differentiating between technical and legal aspects to inheritance planning