We’re joined by Sharon Goldberg, CEO of Arwen, a protocol solution for non-custodial trading. From communications engineering to Internet protocol security, to then becoming a Professor at Boston University, she shares her journey into the world of cryptography. Beginning as a whitepaper on eclipse attacks, Arwen has grown into a platform enabling atomic swaps on centralized exchanges. Sharon chats about Arwen’s integration with KuCoin, how it compares to ShapeShift, Interledger, and Lightning, and the exciting new release of the Layer-2 atomic swaps from Ethereum into Bitcoin.
Topics we discussed in this episode
- How Sharon became interested in blockchain technology
- The meaning of an eclipse attack
- Arwen’s co-founder Ethan Heilman
- The backbone of Arwen
- The Arwen protocol and how it uses atomic swaps
- How trading takes place on the exchange
- Arwen vs Shapeshift and Interledger
- Creating multiple orders using the same channel
- Arwen vs Lightning and the use of SegWit
- How the relationship with KuCoin was formed
- Cosmos: Join the most interoperable ecosystem of connected blockchains. Learn more at cosmos.network/epicenter.