Epicenter - Learn about Crypto, Blockchain, Ethereum, Bitcoin and Distributed Technologies
Luis Cuende: Aragon – Decentralized Governance and the Fight for Freedom
Luis Cuende joined us to discuss Aragon's work on building decentralized governance tools and the crucial role they play in the fight for freedom.
Aragon Founder Luis Cuende joined us to discuss their work on building tools for decentralized governance. We covered the origins of his deep drive, why this is a crucial fight for humanity and the tools that Aragon has built.
Topics covered in this episode:
- How Luis became an advisor to the European Commissionas as a 16-year old
- Why freedom and technology became Luis’ prime obsession
- The origin story and vision of Aragon
- The risk surveillance and authoritarianism pose to humanity
- Why decentralized governance is the key to freedom
- How to think about inequality and blockchain governance
- Why on-chain governance makes more sense on application than protocol level
- AragonOS and its different applications
- The Aragon Network Token and potential role in a decentralized court system
- The road to decentralizing Aragon organizationally
This episode is hosted by Brian Fabian Crain. Show notes and listening options: epicenter.tv/236