stakefish – From Proof-of-Work to Proof-of-Stake
Chun Wang started mining Bitcoin in 2011 and later created F2Pool, one of the leading Proof-of-Work mining pools. Despite his deep involvement in Proof-of-Work, Chun also recognized the transformative impact of Proof-of-Stake and started Stakefish. Stakefish has become one of the leading staking provider.
Chun joined us to talk about his journey and reflections on Bitcoin, Ethereum and Proof-of-Stake. We also dove into the topic of humans becoming a multi-planetary species and whether Bitcoin’s consensus could be modified to allow mining on different planets.
Topics discussed in the episode
- Chun’s background and how he got into crypto
- Why he created the mining pool F2Pool
- The biggest differences between running validators like stakefish vs a mining pool like F2Pool
- What led him to build stakefish
- Chun’s views on Ethereum
- Why Bitcoin is more decentralized than Ethereum
- The future of Proof-of-Stake
- Stakefish’s Ethereum staking product
- Chun’s thoughts of MEV and how will stakefish deal with it in the future
- Making Bitcoin multiplanetary
SteakwalletSteakwallet is your new favorite multi-chain, mobile wallet. Tired of having a different wallet for every chain? Get Steakwallet today and get the power of Web 3 across all chains right at your fingertips: https://steakwallet.fi/
Tally HoTally Ho is a new wallet for Web3 and DeFi that sees the wallet as a public good. Think of it like a community-owned alternative to MetaMask. Try Tally Ho and join the community on Discord. Their community calls feature a new partner each week and have about 500 uniques joining. All the info you need is at tallyho.cash