Ethereum Foundation – The Ethereum Merge
The hotly anticipated Ethereum merge due later this year, will see the joining of the existing execution layer of Ethereum (the Mainnet we use today) with its new proof-of-stake consensus layer, the Beacon Chain. It eliminates the need for energy-intensive mining and instead secures the network using staked ETH. This is a truly exciting step in the Ethereum vision of more scalability, security, and sustainability.
Tim Beiko, Protocol Support for the Ethereum Foundation, is heavily involved in the project. He joined us to give some deep insights into governance within Ethereum, a full update on how the merge is coming along and the next steps, and how Ethereum will look post-merge.
Topics discussed in the episode
- Tim’s background and how he got involved in the space
- Unpacking governance on Ethereum
- The Ethereum client ecosystem
- The current state of Ethereum’s testnet landscape
- The Merge: what is it, and where do we stand?
- What is coming next in the lead up to the merge and how is success measured?
- How did the very recent Sepolia test go?
- Scaling – what will the ecosystem look like post-merge?
- The Ethereum roadmap
Chorus OneStart earning rewards and contribute to network security by staking with @ChorusOne, a staking provider securing $5bn in assets on over 25 decentralized networks. Head over now to https://chorus.one to start your staking journey.