Flashbots has pioneered the work around MEV which has become one of the most important topics in crypto today. MEV-Boost is an implementation of proposer-builder separation (PBS) built by Flashbots for proof of stake Ethereum. Validators running MEV-Boost maximize their staking reward by selling their blockspace to an open market while protecting Ethereum decentralization. It is estimated that validators running MEV-Boost can increase their staking rewards by over 60%. MEV-Boost is free, open-source, and neutral software.
Lido has become the leading liquid staking solution on Ethereum with a huge amount of stake and has also taken on a key role in shaping the future of staking on Ethereum.
We were joined by Stephane Gosselin, co-founder of Flashbots, to chat about MEV and the importance of MEV-Boost, how it works and it’s impact on Ethereum. Also joining the chat is Vasiliy Shapovalov, Tech Lead at Lido, to share with us the significant impact MEV-Boost will have on Lido.
Topics discussed in the episode
- Stephane and Vasily introductions
- What is MEV and why is it important?
- MEV supply chain and the centralization risks with it
- The significance of MEV for Lido
- Lido MEV policy for node operators
- The economics around MEV-Boost
- Flashbot Protect – will this still exist in MEV-Boost?
- Beyond Ethereum – what are the solution for cross-chain MEV
- The impact of L2s and rollups on MEV and MEV-Boost
- Timelines as we approach The Merge
Tally HoTally Ho is a new wallet for Web3 and DeFi that sees the wallet as a public good. Think of it like a community-owned alternative to MetaMask. Try Tally Ho and join the community on Discord. Their community calls feature a new partner each week and have about 500 uniques joining. All the info you need is at tallyho.cash